Ethan Casey is a Seattle-based international journalist, frequent public speaker, and author of Alive and Well in Pakistan: A Human Journey in a Dangerous Time (2004).

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Truth, tact and terror

My column in The News, Pakistan's leading daily newspaper in English, is published every Tuesday. The latest installment, headlined "Truth, tact and terror," is about what can happen when public events and private lives intersect - the personal fallout, including damaged friendships. I start by noting a recent Los Angeles Times interview with George Holliday, the eyewitness who videotaped the Rodney King beating 15 years ago this Friday in Los Angeles, discuss a friendship of my own that has been damaged by something I wrote about Pakistan, and end with an allusion to the excellent recent film about Edward R. Murrow, Good Night, and Good Luck. My column is online here.

No comments: